VITALFLEX® – Jacketed Hose Assembly
Vitalflex® Jacketed Hose
A Vitalflex® Jacketed Hose assembly consists of a “hose within a hose.” An inner or primary media conveying hose is enclosed or jacketed by a larger diameter hose. The hoses are joined at each end by specially designed fittings so that there is no media pathway between the two hoses.
Vitalflex® Jacketed Hose assemblies are often specified when the primary media must be kept at either an elevated or cryogenic temperature. Steam is often circulated through the jacket hose to keep a viscous material in the inner hose hot and easily conveyed. A vacuum can also be pulled on the jacket hose to insulate cryogenic liquids being conveyed in the inner hose.
The media typically is steam, hot oil or hot water to raise the temperature of the fluid moved in the internal hose. Also cold products such as liquid helium or nitrogen can be used to lower the temperature of the fluid with-in the internal hose.
VITALFLEX® – Jacketed Hose Assemblies
- Heated processes
- Rail car and tank truck loading/unloading
- Marine Transfer
- Flexible connections to vibrating equipment
- To relieve pump housing stresses
- Hazardous material piping system using an alarmed vacuum jacket
- Safety barrier for toxic processes
- Leak detection systems
- Liquified food transfer systems
- Chlorine transfer
- Cryogenics (fast freezing)