Industrial Breakaway Coupling
Minimises risk of spills and reduces risk
of damage to assets and injury during industrial transfer operations.
|Size shown 1”||Size shown 2”|
The latest in Industrial transfer protection
In the event of drive-off or extreme pressure surge the Flowbreak activates and delivers 100% instantaneous closure of both upstream and downstream flow.
The coupling then separates therefore minimising risk of damage to assets such as loading arms, hoses, mountings and other parts of the transfer system.
This industrial breakaway coupling offers additional distinct advantages.
- Minimum head-loss to ensure the fastest possible transfer times.
- Compact and lightweight design for easy handling.
- Reset plugs deliver easy to reset procedures after service or activation.
- ATEX cable is fitted as standard.
- Multiple connection options.
- Option to include proximity switch.
- KLAW Flip-Flap Valve and Breakstud technology avoids the risk of partial break.
Delivers protection from:
- Road Tanker drive-off prior to disconnection.
- Shift or shunt of Rail Cars during loading or unloading operations.
- Ship-to-shore transfer operations.
- Over pressurisation of the transfer system beyond the engineered tolerance of the Breakstuds
Coupling break-loads can be varied to suit any particular application.
Sizes: 1″ to 12″.
Material options: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Duplex, Super Duplex, Astaloy, Alloy 20, Aluminium. Other materials available on request.
Connection options: Threaded, Flanged or Weld End Connections. Other connections available on request.
Australian & New Zealand Exclusive Distributor – Chemical, Petrochemical and General Industrial Media
Breakaway Coupling Flip-Flap technology
KLAW is the one and only source in the world for the original Breakaway Coupling Flip-Flap Valve design.
With 1000s of units in service worldwide, the KLAW Flip-Flap Coupling has been proven over many years to deliver reliable product transfer protection in the most demanding of circumstances and locations.
100% instant shut-off
Intelligent design and precision engineering provides a reliable 100% instant double valve shut-off.
Compact and lightweight unit
A key operational advantage when considering balanced loading arm systems and the handling of hoses.
Minimum pressure drop
This original KLAW Flip-Flap valve design provides minimum headloss; allowing for fast and efficient transfer of product.
Risk of Partial Break eliminated
Loading Arm and hose transfer applications
Safety Breakaway Coupling:
Bunkering, Refuelling, Railcar, Road Tanker and Loading Arm systems involved in the transfer of media.
Typical media applications:
– Hydrochloric Acids
– Fuel oil
– Sulphuric Acid
– Jet Fuel