VITALFLEX® Seismic Joints U Shape
Construction: Annular / Close Pitch
Profile: High Flexiblity / High Pressure
Material Available: 304 / 316 Stainless Steel
Braid Available: 304 / 316 Stainless Steel
Size Available: 1’’ – 6’’ (Larger sizes upon Request)
Max Temp: 700°C
VITALFLEX® Seismic Joints U Shape Use:
Used in a variety of applications and locations where subject to seismic conditions or large amounts of pipework movement. The random motion common to earthquakes requires that seismic expansion joints to be capable of movement in any direction.
Corrugated Metal Hose: ISO 10380:2012
AGA Approved: AS 4631:2005 (upon requirement)
Watermark Approved – WMTS 520:2016 (upon requirement)
Welding Compliant: AS 4041- Class 1 (upon request)
Seismic Rated: AS 1170:2007 (upon request)
Fire Protection Systems (upon request)
Significant cost and safety benefits found in Pacific Hoseflex seismic expansion joints.
• It is an inexpensive alternative to dual-tied bellows expansion joints and especially ball joints.
• During an earthquake, it protects equipment by allowing boilers, chillers, fan-coil units and other systems to move independently of the building, Hospitals, high rises and commercial plumping applications.
• Installed at the connection also prevents nozzles from cracking or shearing off.
• A break in the gas pipe work could start a fire, which can of course be devastating. This Australian Gas Approval (AGA) certified seismic expansion joint will compensate for the movement that occurs during any seismic activity such as an earthquake.
• Watermark Approved. (Available On Request)